Sunday, 22 June 2014

NEW - BILL GRACE - CULTURAL ICON, NATIONAL TREASURE; AND ANGEL AMONG US


In Happier times at our home in Barbados for our son Tecumseh's 2nd Birthday

Friday the 13th 2014 turned out to be a day of sorrow in the end, as I got news that an old friend - famous Barbadian Artist Bill Grace - died in a hospital Israel, after fighting bravely against cancer for 30 years, his mortal remains will not be returning to the country of his birth Barbados - but will be interred in the Holy Land I have been told.....in a way, it is fitting though.....what better place for an Angel who walked among us than to be buried in the Holy Land....I always remarked to my family, that I have never met a man who exuded pure peace and love as I experienced from Bill Grace...and I am sure many others who had the privilege to have met him in this life - feel the same way.

The first Computer I ever had was a GIFT from Bill Grace at a time when he had only just met me...who GIVES away a perfect computer to a stranger? Bill said he was giving me the computer because he' saw what I was trying to accomplish and felt that I needed it more than him, and it would help me in my writing and the kind of work I was trying to do"...so true brother, so true....that one gift basically opened ALL the doors I have walked through in my life in my Indigenous Rights work and article writing - since it was given to me almost 20 years ago.

He is survived by his lovely wife Shuah, son Shawn, son Paz (who's very name means 'peace'), and daughter Shara - all living in Israel.




ALSO READ HERE:

No comments:

Post a Comment