Saturday, 19 April 2014

NEW - THE VITAL IMPORTANCE OF BEING A GOOD FATHER TO YOUR SONS & FATHER-FIGURE/MENTOR TO THE FATHERLESS SONS OF OTHERS

This is why I always liked Andrew Pilgrim, he thinks OUTSIDE the box...unlike most people in society...in my little way, I try to do as Andrew suggests on the reservations I visit, those angry young men on the block...they just need someone to LISTEN to them, and talk WITH them - not TO them. 

Some of them never had that kind of interaction with their own dads, not the lucky way I have had all my life....so I try to share that love and closeness I have with my own dad with them....like a fairy God-father/brother/uncle/cousin etc. to them.

I realised that was why men older than me on the reservation, men in their 50's when I am over a decade their junior, began to address me as 'Uncle Damon' LOL.


But I also realised that it was easier for me to cement this bond with others than it was with my own sons, maybe I thought since mine were not 'troubled males' like those I was trying to reach - they did not need me as much...but I was wrong, I lost a lot of years looking without more than I was looking within; and those are years I can never get back....all I can do is just try to avoid making that same mistake in the present and future with my own two sons. 


So all you fathers out there.....MAKE THE TIME to spend with your sons! They need you more than you think they do, you are their FIRST and PRIMARY role model....if you are not - YOU SHOULD BE!

FAMOUS BARBADIAN LAWYER ANDREW PILGRIM GIVE INSIGHT INTO THE 'BOYS ON THE BLOCK'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q33m3p59XI

No comments:

Post a Comment